Head Women’s Golf Coach
|Position Title||Head Women’s Golf Coach|
|Supervisor Title||Director of Athletics|
|Status||Part Time <1,000 Hours|
This position is a part time position to work under 1,000 hours per year. The position is responsible to establish, recruit for, organize and run a highly competitive women’s golf program, recognized nationally both athletically and academically, consistent with the student-athlete philosophy of Division III, which generates College and community enthusiasm and support.
|Description of Key Responsibilities||
1. Develop, recruit, and administer a highly competitive women’s golf program, consistent with the student-athlete philosophy of Division III, which generates College and community enthusiasm and support. Oversee all administrative and coaching activities within the program.
2. Coordinate recruiting efforts of the women’s golf program with those of the admission office; maintain a competitive program through recruiting efforts and strategies. Develop a successful team recruiting strategy; visit high schools to meet with recruits; call, e-mail, and write prospects and coaches; record recruiting action. Maintain active communication with the admission staff through phone, in-person and electronic means (e-mail and datatel). Organize and participate in all on-campus recruiting activities including admissions recruiting days, official campus visits, and overnight visits.
3. Schedule all home and away competitions and set appropriate practice days and times for women’s golf.
4. Assist the athletic director in the hiring of any part-time assistant women’s golf coach (es). Act as immediate supervisor for any part-time coach (es), student- workers, and volunteer coaches. Help to create job descriptions; train, assign and evaluate their work on a regular basis.
5. Develop a retention program for the women’s golf program in conjunction with the dean of admission, the dean of students and the director of student success. Develop individual and team academic and community strengths.
6. Develop and implement an on-going fund-raising plan in collaboration with director of alumni and development as well as the vice president for institutional advancement.
7. Operate a fiscally sound program with an annually balanced budget. Review all budget activities and expenditures on a regular basis. Submit purchase order requests in an appropriate and timely fashion.
8. Actively encourage leadership and scholarship among student-athletes. Monitor the academic progress of all the athletes on the teams, in connection with the director of student success, assistant athletic director, and the athletic director. Adhere to all compliance and eligibility rules and regulations. Participate in the department’s leadership and scholarship programs.
9. Other related duties as appropriately assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
1. Knowledge of coaching and teaching theories. Advanced knowledge of coaching and teaching of specific golf skills and techniques.
2. Knowledge of NCAA and compliance.
3. Ability to attend all athletic practices and events. Travel is required.
4. Ability to relate well to, serve as a role model for and advise a wide variety of students.
5. Skill in communicating with college student-athletes, their parents, coaching professionals and community members. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
6. Ability to communicate in the English language, both orally and in writing, in a manner consistent with professional standards, including direction of and participation in the development of high quality publications which reflect positively on North Central College.
7. Ability to effectively recruit qualified student-athletes. Ability to effectively counsel and advise prospective first-year and transfer students and their parents regarding numerous aspects of the College. Ability to exercise the proper balance of persistence and patience as individually appropriate to each contact.
8. Ability to organize a community activity which positively reflects on North Central College.
9. Strong commitment to a small college environment. Extensive knowledge of the organization and operation of the College, both administratively and academically, especially regarding admission-related activities. Ability to quickly grasp knowledge of College organization and operation, including community resources.
10. Ability to deal with several tasks and work with a large number of individuals concurrently, generally without direct supervision. This requires a person who is well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to effectively prioritize tasks.
11. Ability to supervise support and student staff, writing job descriptions, setting expectations, evaluating, and directing day-to-day work.
12. Ability to work as an effective member of a team. Ability to manage events on a cooperative and high quality way. Commitment to an environment that nurtures cooperation and diversity.
13. Knowledge of risk management and safety as it relates to golf.
The head women’s golf coach must be able to independently organize plans for training, competition, recruiting, events, travel, personnel, and budget for maximum efficiency of the program. The priority as head women’s golf coach is to recruit academically and athletically prepared student-athletes to the College.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience as a head golf coach desired; collegiate experience is preferred. Knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance is highly preferred. Successful record of recruiting at the collegiate level is also preferred.
|Licenses or Certifications||
Valid driver’s license is required
|Is This a Temporary Position?||No|
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College’s background screening process.
|Number of Vacancies||1|
Posting Detail Information
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicant|
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest